Thursday, November 4, 2010

Annie: I was wrong.

Yesterday was Husband's birthday, so we went out as a family for dinner. 

He was feeling crummy about getting old (it was a "big" birthday, as they say), so we went to a place we used to go years ago when we were young and fancy-free; it was in our neighbourhood where we used to live, so we just don't get over there much anymore.

Back in the day (and, in fact, when I had my successful WW run), I used to order their cheeseburger with a tossed salad on the side (light ranch dressing).  It's a family-run place - no brought-in food - and the cheeseburgers are really, really tasty... and char-grilled as opposed to being fried, and on a whole wheat bun, which are nice things in a restaurant. I counted the whole meal for 15 points - the burger and the teaspoon or so of dressing in which I dipped my salad.

So that was my order last night, and it was delicious!  Then, still having a whack of points left on arriving home, I had a Hershey bar (my absolute fave - a real treat for me) and a glass of skim milk. I finished my day with 0.5 point left to spare, and went to bed at 10:30, feeling great, planning to get up at 6 to ride my bike.

1:00 a.m.

Cramp. Cramp! CRAMPCRAMPCRAMPCRAMP!

Bathroom!

I'll spare you, dear reader, the gory details, but suffice it to say that my intestines did not appreciate the sudden influx of fat. Either that, or I caught a terrible 2-hour flu.

6:00 a.m.

Alarm goes off for biking.

I feel awful, and don't want to get up.

I think about the picture on my sister's marathon blog of the bright blue porta-potties she had to use along the route of her marathon because she had what she delicately called a "bad tummy," and then I think how easy it would have been for a bad tummy to be a reason to stop running. (Quite honestly, I think of a bad tummy as a good reason to stop sitting upright.)

So I dragged myself out of bed, thinking "this half-hour ride will be nothing compared to a 4+ hour run - and then the endorphins will kick in, and I'll feel better for the rest of the day."

I was wrong; I still feel like crap.

But I have 3 new activity points in the bank!

1 comment:

  1. Boo but glad you did it anyway, it's always easier not to so I'm proud of you!

    You would not have wanted more details about the bad tummy. It was awful and didn't make me atop but certainly slowed me down. Finishing was the goal and the goal was met.

    ReplyDelete