Monday, November 8, 2010

Annie: I illustrate my own point...

A couple of weeks ago, I blogged about the KFC Double Down and how, though it's pretty bad for you, it's not nearly as bad as its reputation might suggest.

I talked about how some foods (especially in restaurants) are worse than you might ever expect, and that you should be careful about ordering, because you can never be too sure.

Tonight, Husband took me to the local Joey restaurant for dinner, since Child is at Grandma's.

I examined and deconstructed the menu carefully, deciding and then re-deciding on various menu items. I had it down to the "Chinatown Lettuce Wraps with Shrimp" and the "Ahi Tuna Tacos" -- and, in the end, decided to go for the lettuce wraps, figuring food wrapped in lettuce has to be lower in points than food wrapped in a deep-fried shell.

And a later examination of the nutritional info on the Joey website proved I was wrong, though not by much; I could just as well have ordered the tacos, as the points values are pretty close.

Shock and awful revelation

First off, I have to say I have no excuse as to why I didn't look at the nutritional info online before we left. I thought "I'm a veteran at this, I co-write a blog."

Ha, ha.

Can you see what's coming?

My "Chinatown Lettuce Wraps with Shrimp" were TWENTY-ONE FREAKING POINTS.

Yes, you read that right.

Twenty-one. 21. Vingt et un.

Jesus, what would it have cost me if I'd had the "Hi-Rise Burger" -- fifty?

Nope.

Twelve.

Sigh... I have so much yet to learn.  Boo.

PS: Mae: you can stop worrying about my Flex points now.

No comments:

Post a Comment