Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mae: Wii Active 2 continues to kick my ass

I am entering week 4 of Wii Active 2, and have completed one of the two available programs so far (the 21-day cardio kick start on level 'hard-as-all-hell'). Today was my first workout of the 9-week program, also on level hard. I own the two previous versions of EA Sports Active, and this is by far the best of the lot. Version 2 includes:

  • a usb dongle that attaches to the back of the Wii console which communicates with two new peripherals that you wear: a heart rate monitor on your left arm and a controller attached to a band on your right leg;
  • limited need for a controller in your hand with the two new controllers that constantly monitor your movement and heart rate;
  • ability to use free weights of your choosing (can control for different weights) instead of those cheap exercise bands that are provided;
  • way improved warm-up and cool-down sessions
  • ability to track your progress online (see below for this morning's results).

There have been days at work where sitting down at my desk makes me want to cry just a little bit, but unlike Sir Mix-A-Lot, I do not "like (my) big butt(s)." The number of squats you do in these workouts is whackadoodle, but I'm also getting some good weight training for my arms. All in all, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Annie sez: Very, very cool. Oh, and I must remember to add Sir Mix-A-Lot to my next running mix, ha!

    ReplyDelete