Friday, August 19, 2011

Annie: Figuring it out (part 1)

I am just finishing a book, Women, Food and God, which I think is going to change my life. I'm not trying to be dramatic, but there it is.

It was recommended to me by a friend I haven't seen in some time, making me think somehow Providence nudged us to meet for lunch this week, so she could share this gift with me. (If you're reading, friend, thank you.)

I'm kind of mid-revelation right now, so don't feel equipped to explain it to this blog quite yet... but I will, I promise, sooner than later.

In the meantime, I was searching Oprah.com for clips from author Geneen Roth's appearance on the show, and came across a video montage of diverse, unhappy women talking about their bodies and food -- and realized that I either have been or completely understand each one of those women.

I can't embed the video here, but if you're interested -- and even more importantly, if you feel helpless in your battle with your weight and feel like no-one understands -- click this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment